Mr Forse said: "I noticed a dark coloured object embedded in the corner of three or four slices.
|Cute isn't it?|
"Initially I thought it was where the dough had not mixed properly prior to baking. As I looked closer I saw that the object had fur on it. Mr Forse continued to prepare some sandwiches for his children from another loaf of bread, checking each slice carefully. He said: "I still felt quite shaken. As I was feeling ill I couldn't face eating anything myself."
The experience was only made worse when environmental health officers visited the family's home to collect evidence and found the mouse was missing its tail.
Mr Forse said: "Her comments made me feel ill once again as there was no indication as to where the tail was.
"Had it fallen off prior to the bread being wrapped or had any of my family eaten it with another slice of bread on a previous day?"
Following an investigation by council health officers, the producing company was ordered to pay £16,821.
A company's spokesman said: "We apologise profusely for the distress caused as a result of this isolated incident."